When you look towards your kitchen for a natural remedy to your skin woes, tell me the first ingredient that comes to mind. I am sure it would be curd. Curd or Dahi offers lots of benefits to the skin and the best part is this one ingredient is either self-sufficient to achieve healthy skin or at the most one more natural ingredient can be added to make the mix even more potent.
In this article, I have penned down 2- ingredient skincare routine with curd.
But first, let’s understand why curd works?
Curd has lactic acid which works as an excellent exfoliant (removes dead skin cells effectively) and tightens pores too.
Milk proteins, calcium and vitamin D in curd moisturizes the skin.
I don’t know if it’s scientifically proven, but curd when mixed with other natural ingredients, activates their good properties and make the skin absorb it well.
Easy ways to use Curd on Skin.
- Curd and Honey for Glowing Skin: Mix 1 tablespoon each of curd and honey. Blend well and apply it on the face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with clean water. Both curd and honey are good to keep the skin moisturized and hence this pack is good for people with dull, dry skin as it brings back the lost moisture of the skin.
- Curd and Oatmeal to shrink facial pores: Take 2 tablespoon of Oatmeal (powdered oats) in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon curd to it. Make a thick paste and apply it on the face for 10 minutes before you wash off with plain water. This pack will not only help shrink pores in due course of time but also achieve healthy skin instantly.
- Curd and Cucumber for Calm, hydrated skin: Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties, thus good to soothe the skin. Mix 1 tablespoon each of the pulp of grated cucumber with hung curd (I prefer using hung curd, otherwise the mixture becomes too runny to handle) and apply on the face. Wash off with lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes. This face pack is suitable for oily and sensitive too.
- Curd and Besan for exfoliation: This pack brings wonder to my dry skin and I can swear by its benefits. Besan is a gentle cleansing agent for the skin and curd keeps it moisturized. Mix 1 tablespoon each of besan and curd and apply it evenly on the face and neck. Leave the mask for 15 minutes and then rinse it off. This mask is also beneficial in removing fine hair from the face.
- Curd and Turmeric to treat Acne: Both turmeric and curd have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, so the mixture may help in treating acne. Plus, curd calms the skin by cooling it down. Take 1 tablespoon curd and put a pinch of haldi in it. Mix it together and apply it to the face. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before you wash it off.
- Curd and lemon to remove blemishes and improve complexion: Mix a few drops of lemon to 1 tablespoon curd and apply on face. Keep it for 10 minutes and wash. The citric acid in lemon is a natural bleaching agent, thus improve the tone of the skin.
- Curd and Almond powder for Anti-ageing: This one is my personal favourite. Almonds are full of Vitamin E, and this vitamin helps prevent ageing and wrinkles on the face. You can powder almonds in a blender and keep them in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. For a quick face pack, mix 1 tablespoon curd with 1 teaspoon almond powder and apply it to the face. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Curd and Lemon for dandruff control: the combinations of acids present in lemon and curd helps fight dandruff naturally. In a cup of curd, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Apply the mask to hair and leave for half an hour. wash the hair with lukewarm water.
There are many other easy masks that can be made using curd. If you know any, please share with me. Just remember it should have only two ingredients:)
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.