Your little bundle of joy is here, and you want nothing but the best for your baby. You are careful not to use harmful chemical-laden products for the baby- be it the clothes the newborn wears, the detergent that is used to wash the clothes, or the skin care products that are massaged on the baby’s skin. But with so many products in the market, that claims to be organic, natural, and safe for your baby, how to choose which one to use. Well, help is on hand. In my previous two articles, I have listed top baby cream and laundry detergent you can safely use for your baby. And in this blog, I would list the 5 best baby wash that not only cleanses the impurities gently but keep your baby’s sensitive skin nourished during bath times.
Let’s begin with what qualities to look for while purchasing the baby wash.
- Organic/Natural: Look for an organic baby wash, which means it should not contain any chemical-laden or toxic ingredient, instead have the mildest ones. Or go for “Natural” whose ingredients come from plants.
- Hypoallergenic: The product should be devoid of any skin irritants. Since the baby’s skin is sensitive and thinner than adults, it absorbs the ingredients of products easily, so care should be taken the product doesn’t cause any allergy.
- Fragrance: It’s always better to have a fragrance free or a product that has a clean scent, i.e., a scent derived from the extracts of plant-based fragrant ingredients.
- Tear-free: The baby wash should be a “no-tear formula”; it should not irritate eyes and should be skin-friendly.
- The make and price of the body wash: The baby wash bottle should have a pump dispenser to avoid wastage and it should be budget-friendly too.
My top 5 Baby washes:
If you are looking for a tear-free, gentle, and natural baby wash, Mother Sparsh safely ticks all the boxes. This baby wash uses organic herbs and plant extracts like chamomile, avocado oil and coconut cleanser to create gentle, calming lather on your baby’s skin. The purest formulations ensure to keep the little toes, fingers, and folds of the skin squeaky clean. The other key ingredients in this baby wash – the shea butter seals in the moisture of the skin by acting as a natural barrier, grape seed oil with the goodness of vitamin e reduces skin inflammation and protest against UV damage, and Chamomile oil soothes the baby’s skin. Plus, it is free from chemicals like parabens, silicones, dyes, formaldehyde and does not have an artificial fragrance making it suitable for everyday use. The pump packing is convenient to use; all you need is a small quantity to apply to your baby’s skin and massage thoroughly to form lather. Rinse off with water and feel your baby’s skin come out nice and hydrated.
A great value for money, it is priced at Rs.299 for 200ml at amazon. Mother Sparsh baby wash is also available at www.mothersparsh.com, Firstcry, Hopscotch, Nyka
- Himalaya Gentle Baby wash:
A small squeeze of Himalaya baby wash is enough to create a luxurious lather to clean your baby’s skin. The baby wash is infused with the power of natural extracts of Chickpea (which helps clean and soothe skin), Fenugreek (an excellent moisturiser for dry skin), and Green Gram (which keeps skin soft and supple). Himalaya baby wash is soap-free and is very mild and gentle to use every day on your baby’s sensitive skin. Just pour a little quantity in your wet palm and apply it to your baby’s skin. Massage to form later and rinse it off.
The product is currently priced at Rs. 207 for 400ml at Amazon.
- Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing wash for Babies:
You can use this product both as body wash and shampoo for your baby. This toxin-free, tree-free, and gentle baby wash clean the baby’s skin effectively. The baby wash has coconut-based cleansers along with Jojoba oil which works well on sticky build-up. Aloe vera extracts keep the skin moisturised and the ingredient Allantoin helps soothes the skin and increase its smoothness. The product is infused with a nice coconut fragrance. You can buy this multitasker at Amazon, currently priced at Rs.178 for 200ml.
- Baby Dove Rich Moisture Hair to Toe Baby Wash, 200 ml:
The brand Dove is well-received by adults for its ability to keep skin healthy. Likewise, this hair to toe baby wash is liked by moms for their baby’s sensitive skin. The baby wash is hypoallergenic and made with pH neutral formula. The product with mild and gentle cleansers is suitable for eczema-prone skin. The rich creamy lather leaves the skin mildly scented. It is free of parabens, sulphates and phthalates. This multitasker is currently priced at Rs.176 at Amazon.
- The Moms Co. Tear-Free Natural Baby Wash:
Infused with the goodness of Chamomile and Calendula oils, that help heal irritated skin in babies, Moms Co. baby wash is a good product for sensitive skin. The product has coconut-based cleansers to clean the skin gently and avocado oil to retain moisture on the skin. The baby wash is especially good in winters to prevent the dryness of skin as it contains high content of fatty acids and vitamins A, D, E. The product is currently priced at Rs. 280 for 200 ml at Amazon.