If you are a die-hard DIYer or an occasional crafter and struggle to find some unique supplies for your project , now look no further than the Itsy Bitsy store which carries pretty much everything to satiate your art, craft and hobby needs. Five minutes into the shop and you will know that henceforth it can be your one-stop hub for all your crafting requirements.
With a range of over 20,000 products to choose from (which keep getting updated), unleashing your creativity is now not a problem anymore; be it jewellery making, candle making, canvas painting, clay modelling, needle craft, decoupage, paper craft, or even baking, Itsy Bitsy got your back!!
A brief background:
Itsy Bitsy, one of India’s largest Hobby, Art and Craft store has 21 outlets pan India , out of which 11 are in Bangalore. The other 6 cities are -Mumbai, Chennai, Goa, Pune,Hyderabad and Delhi. You can browse for the products at their website too and order sitting at the convenience of your home. The shipping is free for orders above ₹999 across India and for orders below Rs. 999, the shipping charges are Rs. 99.
Itsy Bitsy has a team of skilled artisans and designers who contribute in making almost 80% of the products; all handmade!! All the flowers and embellishments are hand-cut, hand-embossed and hand-glittered. The liquids, glues, mediums and textures are all developed in-house in their factories.
Last week I happen to visit an Itsy Bitsy store at Phoenix Marketcity in Bangalore.
Since it’s quite impossible to pinpoint one single best feature, let me take you on a visual journey of this megastore.
- Wide selection of Craft supplies: The artist in you will be delighted to see the sheer variety of craft material in their repertoire. Shells, feathers, ice-cream sticks, craft paints, ribbons, sequins, buttons, clay, sand, foam /flower cut-outs, stencil, quilling material, cut-mirrors and even crafting tools are all housed at the store to help you make either a basic or an advanced craft items.
- The vast assortment of art supplies: Get your creative juices flowing as you get face to face with excellent variety of raw materials required to make perfect art. At Itsy Bitsy you can buy oil colours, watercolours, varnishes, brushes, palette,drawing sets, sketch books, easels, apron and much more.
Here I must mention that the megastore has items which are unique and unheard of. For example, we got to know about Impasto or the first time, before that my elder one used to work with only acrylic on Canvas. Impasto is a medium which if added to acrylic adds a third dimension to the painting. I would say if you have a child who is craft-inclined, do visit this place to discover new materials and to find inspiration to give life to those materials.
Continuing with more visuals:
- Beautiful section of handmade/imported paper: All paper crafting needs are met with wide selection of decorative, handmade and other designer papers. Papers are also available in various textures, designs and sizes for your scrapbooking and craft making needs.
4. Thoughtfully curated bead aisles: The store boasts of huge collection of beads( trust me, some are really exclusive) in various designs, shapes and sizes which would perfectly compliment your outfit if you like making your own jewellery.
5. Range of Mini-Me : There is an array of miniature reproduction of things which can be used to create an imaginative world of your own. These can be used in your school projects , craft projects or DIY projects.
6. Attractive display of stationary items : Boards, crayons, Glue, Highlighters, markers, office supplies, scissors, tapes,locakable diary; you name it , they have it.
7. Inventory full of speciality craft like DIY kits and construction kits. These kits contain all the material ( safe and non-toxic) required to make a finished project.
8. Unique selection of party supplies: Go crazy at picking your supplies which goes with the party theme. Itsy Bitsy’s range includes Invitations, Banners, Party Props, Eye masks, Cake Toppers, Tiaras, Wristband, Badges, Stickers, Hanging Mobiles and other decor items.
9. Go gaga over Lifestyle and home décor items: Artificial flowers, planters, photo frames, wall décor, vase , candles etc. finds special place in the aisles of Itsy-Bitsy.
Itsy Bitsy conducts in-store events on special occasions about which they announce on their Facebook and Instagram page.
After enjoying shopping in the store, we came back home with our craft supplies and now let me show you what all we got and the simple steps to make a beautiful card ; which btw my daughter made it all by herself for her friend!!
- Choose a blank handmade paper for the base and fold it in half. The paper possibilities are endless and Itsy Bitsy offer an endless variety, so select a paper which you find easy and fun to work with.
2. Add dimension and personality to your card : Here she glued a rectangular piece of Burlap ribbon right across the middle of the card. This gives a beautiful vintage look to the card.
3. Chose embellishments according to your choice to bring the final product together: She finished the card with placing handmade flowers, sequins and a readymade note on the card.