These unprecedented times caused by Covid has been challenging for people, especially women who are shouldering added responsibility of unpaid work at home. This leads to stress, which has become one of the main cause of period irregularities and other period related issues.
A leading national daily reported a study by Practo, a digital health platform that offers telemedicine services, that one in three consults that came from women since the coronavirus outbreak were for gynaecology-related issues, the top among which include period-related problem and miscarriage.
In wake of period related issue, a woman should definitely take medical advice first; and at the same time there are some lifestyle changes and home remedies which one can try.
First let’s talk about the lifestyle changes one can consider.
Because of the increased work pressure which has changed the dietary habits and sleeping routines, many women are unable to maintain healthy and a disciplined routine when it comes to diet and exercise. Women are not eating well-balanced diet, hardly find time to hit gym and the sleeping routine too has gone for a toss. This definitely takes a toll on the overall well-being, which leads to changes in menstrual cycle.
But, the solution is simple:
1. Exercise: Simple home exercises like stretching, sit-up, spot jogging or yoga etc. just for 20 minutes works wonder for the ovaries, stimulating them to produce the hormones- oestrogen and progesterone, which are required for healthy periods.
- Eating right: One can alter the diet to alleviate the problem of unhealthy menstruation. Foods like ginger, jaggery, almonds, turmeric, pineapple, dates helps reduce menstruation pain as these have anti-inflammation properties. Besides, one needs to maintain a healthy and timely diet of green veggies, fresh fruits, dairy and lentils .
- Stress management: One of the tried and tested method to beat stress, which I too swear by, is to immediately switch your mind to some happy place whenever any negative or stressful thoughts enter your mind. Another way to deal with stress is to practice anulom-vilom (alternate nostril breathing) which immediately calms the mind. Listening to soothing music or reading a good book also helps relax mind and body.
Now let’s go the ayurvedic way to prepare yourself before and during the shark week.
The ayurvedic approach put emphasis on following a healthy diet, and maintaining healthy lifestyle and regular exercise. Besides these, Ayurveda has a repertoire of herbs too, to treat the problem of irregular periods.
According to Ayurveda any variations in a healthy menstruation occurs due to imbalances of Doshas- Vata, Pitaa and Kapha; these three are basically the elements like air, water, and fire which combine to create distinct body/mind types. Every human being is sum total of these three Doshas and each Dosha impacts in specific phase of the menstrual cycle. As long as each Dosha function properly, the periods in women works fine. Excess of any particular Dosha creates imbalance in menstrual harmony.
‘Namyaa‘ has come up with their ‘Period Care Kit‘ which has three wonderful products for menstruation, health and wellness.
- Namyaa Anartava- for Delayed and Irregular Periods: This Syrup helps to regularise the natural period cycle and flow every month while pacifying Vata and Kapha. It also promote timely ovulation, treats hormonal imbalance, removes toxins from the blood. The syrup is a perfect combination of ayurvedic ingredients like Aloe Vera, Pippali, Karanja, Krishna-Tila, Kultha and other beneficial herbs. It is free of chemicals or other harmful additives. And it comes in a 500ml bottle. namyaa.in
- ShwetKanika Tablets– to regulate White Discharge: A bit of white discharge, especially at the beginning or end of your menstrual cycle, is normal. However, if the discharge is heavy, and is accompanied by itching, it’s not normal and needs treatment.
‘Namyaa Shwet Kanika’ contains the powerful goodness of ayurvedic herbs and extracts like, Ashoka, Daruharidra, Guduchi, Jeereka, Lodhra, etc. These helps in treating the root cause of the white discharge and provides relief from vaginal itching. It also promotes timely ovulation.
The pack costs Rs. 399/- for 60 tablets. It is advisable to take 2 tablets after breakfast and dinner every day for 90 days. namyaa.in
- Aarthava Kshaya tablets for PCOD and PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common condition among women in the reproductive age group and is marked by cysts on the ovaries which prevents the ovaries from functioning normally.
‘Namyaa Aarthava Kshaya’ tablets restores Doshas imbalance and treat the root cause of PCOD and PCOS. It is formulated with rare and certified Ayurvedic herbs, extracts and oils like, Sahastravedi, Pippali, Neem, Aloe Vera, Varuna, Kultha, Kanchnar etc. this powerful product also promotes timely ovulation and helps improve the metabolism by eliminating the toxins (Ama) of the body. This is a pack of 60 tablets which is advisable to take twice a day, once in the morning and night for a span of 6 months. namyaa.in
To sum up, Ayurveda as a preventive means goes a long way in restoring the menstrual harmony and these products from Namyaa surely proves it.
The product links are below: