March 30th is celebrated as World Idli Day . Idli- a humble yet scrumptious South Indian dish , finds its place in kitchens all over the country and is enjoyed by one and all.
To celebrate the day, I collaborated with MTR , a well-known brand in food enterprise to whip up two amazing dishes using MTR Idli mixes.
The recipes are also featured in MTR wow cookbook, a specially curated cook book which was released on World Idli Day and has many unique recipes with Idli being the star ingredient. You can also watch the entire videos on MTR YouTube channel.
Here’s the recipes of my two dishes – Chocolate Idli and Vermicelli Idli.
- Chocolate Idli: If you want to surprise your kids with something chocolatey and healthy , then you must try this one. My kids loved this sweet version of Idli and I am sure your family too would once you try it .
Recipe Name: Chocolate Idli
Preparation time: 30 mins
Yields: 16-20 medium sized Idlis
- MTR Rice Idli Mix.
- Water-135 lt.
- Curd: 65 gm
- Chocolate chips: 100 gm
- Mix Idli mix with water and Curd to make smooth batter.
- Grease the Idli mould and pour some batter. Make sure not to fill it completely.
- Put Chocolate chips in the centre of the poured batter.
- Add more batter to top of chocolate chips.
- Steam the Idlis for 15 mins and serve hot or cold .
Watch Video here
2. Vermicelli Idli: Vermicelli or Semiya is a common breakfast item in many household, just like Idli. Here I have combined both and the result is delicious. You can serve this with coriander-coconut chutney or just like that too as a snack with the evening tea.
- MTR Rava Idli Mix: 100 gm
- MTR roasted Vermicelli 100gm
- Curd : 350 gm
- Coriander leaves : 3gm
- In a bowl soak roasted vermicelli in curd for 5 mins.
- Add mtr rava idli mix and coriander leaves to the vermicelli-curd batter. Mix well.
- Grease the idli mould, pour the batter and steam it for 15 mins.
- Serve hot.
Watch video here