Gifting your employees, clients and partners is a beautiful way to reinforce your relationship with them. A well-timed gift also gives a message to recipients that they are valued for their work. The corporate world, of late, is embracing climate-friendly work culture with full enthusiasm. As a result, many environment-friendly choices have been implemented in the companies, one among which is to switch to sustainable corporate gifting, a climate-friendly alternative to the traditional gift boxes.
Now it’s easy to give a gift to a person you know well but in the corporate sector, finding a gift that is appreciated by all ages is a tedious process. More so when companies these days are trying to practice sustainability. Thankfully, many online platforms house an array of sustainable corporate gifting ideas to make the process easier.
What makes gifts sustainable?
Gifts that neither contribute to the waste in their making nor add to environmental woes when you leave them behind fall under the category of “sustainable”. These gifts are eco-friendly, plastic-free, ethical, and come in a creative range that everyone appreciates.
To explain it further:
- Sustainable corporate gifting is made from natural, reusable and repurposed material.
- These could be locally sourced to support artisans
- Items are free of dyes and bleaching materials
- They are devoid of single-use plastic
- And are cruelty-free: Not tested on animals
To showcase your commitment to the environment, here are some of the sustainable corporate gifting ideas you can consider:
1. Reusable water bottles: You can reduce the usage of single-use plastic by giving your employees reusable water bottles made of copper or stainless steel. By doing so, you reduce plastic waste and take care of their health by saving them from ingesting plastic toxins.
2. Tote bag and sling bag: Tote bag as a gifting option made of organic cotton is an effective way to reduce the usage of plastic bags. Besides using it for shopping, these bags double up as a gym bag or a regular bag. Alternatively, for something more stylish, go for a sling bag made of jute. These bags allow one to carry lightweight items and accessories.
3. Stationary: Notepads, notebooks, pens, pencils, paper and envelopes made from eco-friendly material is a good gifting option. These stationary items contain seeds of vegetables, herbs or flowers. Once used, these can be planted in the soil that grows into plants. This gifting option is not only innovative but serves the purpose to preserve the environment.
4. Cutlery set: Sustainable cutlery set with your company logo engraved makes a thoughtful gift to your employees. This plastic alternative is a perfect accompaniment to the work lunch, picnics or travels. Usually made of bamboo, these cutlery sets are reusable and dishwasher safe too.
5. Something to munch on: Sustainable snacks made of natural ingredients and packed in plastic-free packaging will encourage your employees to be a conscious nibbler, and at the same time, do good for the environment too. Granola bars, handmade cookies, plantain chips, naturally flavoured candies are healthy snacks options to satiate mid-meals cravings.
The Bottom line
A company can do its part for the environment by following greener business practices; sustainable gifting being the one. Investing in eco-friendly gifts makes you a socially responsible company and creates a good impression on employees and clients.